Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 14, 1882

It is fitting that I begin my journey on the happiest of all days... International Steampunk Day.

I shall travel forth to meet up with my companions to begin an adventure that will take us to the lunar regions of the ether.  Lord Bobbins was gracious and extended an invitation to my travel companions and I to join him on such an auspicious occasion.

Lord Bobbins has informed me that this will be the greatest adventure in Steampunk history as we are to travel…TO THE MOON!  He has explained in his communication of late that our journey will begin even earlier with aural communiques from his crew explaining how the ship is built and how the journey is being planned. I have been told that I must brush up my world history of what has happened over the past two years as Europe and the East plunged into the depths of war and learn of the war between the States in the colonies and how the technological wonders of the past  have influenced the creation of our modern devices. Rumors abound that the evil Doctor Proctocus, a notorious scoundrel and braggard may be afoot! I am most relieved to know that special porters, or security agents of the Crown will be aboard the HMS Silverstar. 


I know I shall have to consult with my friends at the Society to ascertain whether it will be a good time to travel during the Elder Month of the Autumnal Equinox. One must be so very cautious nowadays when traveling about as a single woman... even as a widow.  Pick-pockets and ne'er-do- wells are ready at a moment's thought to remove your valuables from your person!



I shall have to inquire at the local library regarding the latest works about the moon.  I have heard that there are suspicious creatures who reside on the surface who have the ability to fly!  Flying men with wings much like bats. It shall be a wonder to see such creatures in their native habitat.  I shall have to remember to bring my sketchbook and pencils.

It is time for me to close this entry of my journal...as I bid you a kind adieu until the next time.

Yours in friendship,
Lady Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment